Tuesday, December 2, 2008

ACCESS website

When I was in high school, I never really appreciated the higher level classes that I was required to take. I took all advanced classes because I was signed up for the Advanced with Honors diploma. I was angry at my mother because my teachers expected much more of my classmates and I as opposed to the Regular students. We had more assignments that were of greater length and much more indepth. Our tests were harder and more tricky, and also graded more severly. There was no grading curve for us; the grade I got was the grade I got. Homework and projects took up almost all of my time that was not spent playing sports, sleeping, or going to church. But now, after reviewing this site, I appreciate my education so much more. I realize that I had an opportunity that not all American students have. I was able to take college prep courses and even earn college credits in high school. And the work load, while difficult at the time, prepared me for what I was to encounter here at South.
With ACCESS, not only do the students have to be motivated to learn, the teachers must also log major man-hours to learn the technology and be able to present the information to the students and be able to work through any difficulties and answer students' questions. With the Blended Learnig, students can work at their own pace and still be in the classroom to ask for help when they need it. With Videoconferencing, the subject matter is taught by a professional with expirience in that field and enables students to take courses that are not offered at their school. All in all, ACCESS is a great way for teachers to help further students' educations and for students to have better opportunities later in life.

No comments: